It sounds like Broncos quarterback Joe Flacco will be able to return in 2019 if he chooses as he will be out from about 4 to 6 weeks with a neck injury.
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Flacco received a second opinion on the bulging disk in his neck and won’t have to have surgery, pending reviews from Dr. Robert Watkins in Los Angeles and Dr. Jack Kelley in Connecticut.
“Everything is still on the table with Joe,” coach Vic Fangio said Thursday.
“We can leave him on the 53[-man roster] and wait a while, or we could IR him. We’ll make that decision here in the next couple days. … By the end of the week I think we’ll have a better understanding, after getting all of the medical advice, going over it, what plan we’ll take long term.”
With Flacco on the shelf, the Broncos will turn to Brandon Allen, who joined the team back on September 1st when he was claimed off waivers from the Los Angeles Rams.
Allen will get a chance under center when the Broncos play host to Baker Mayfield and the 2-5 Cleveland Browns Sunday afternoon.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on