The worst-kept secret at the Senior Bowl is that Broncos general manager John Elway is smitten with Missouri quarterback Drew Lock, Ryan O’Halloran and Mark Kiszla of the Denver Post report.
Elway was at the Arkansas-Missouri game in November and was at the Senior Bowl practices for three days and barely left the quarterback group.
The Broncos pick at No. 10 in April’s draft, and Lock is projected to be one of the top quarterbacks taken, along with Ohio State’s Dwayne Haskins and Duke’s Daniel Jones. The Giants pick at No. 6 and the Jaguars at No. 7 with both — depending on how free agency unfolds — potentially interested in quarterbacks. Would Elway have to move up in the draft to get Lock?
“A connecting of the dots would suggest Elway and Co. are trying to fall in love with Lock,” Denver Post colleague Ryan O’Halloran said in the back-and-forth conversation with Kiszla.
“Elway was at the Arkansas-Missouri game in November. Elway was at the Senior Bowl practices for three days and barely left the quarterback group. I believe the Broncos are targeting multiple quarterbacks (as they should) and Lock is probably one of them (as he should be).”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on