The Broncos have traded wide receiver Demaryius Thomas to the Texans in exchange for a 2019 fourth-round draft pick, Kevin Patra of NFL.com reports. This according to sources informed of the deal.
The teams are also swapping seventh-rounders, per Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Thomas is the first big-name player to move on the final day trades can be executed. Thomas will immediately face his former team when the Texans host the Broncos on Sunday.
The Broncos moving the 30-year-old receiver was heavily speculated in recent weeks. Thomas’ production has waned this season as his rapport with Case Keenum hasn’t materialized. With $14 million in base salary for 2019, it was likely the end of the line for Thomas in Denver. Sitting at 3-5, staring at another lost season, getting a draft pick in compensation made sense.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on