Four days after declaring Trevor Siemian was still his starting quarterback, Broncos coach Gary Kubiak declined Friday to name Siemian the starter for the Broncos’ game against the Atlanta Falcons this weekend, the Associated Press reports.
Kubiak said he wants to see Siemian throw again Saturday to make sure he’s healthy enough to play again after leaving last weekend’s game with a bruised left (non-throwing) shoulder.
Kubiak’s other option is giving rookie Paxton Lynch his first start against the league’s 30th-ranked defense, one that has an injury epidemic at linebacker.
Siemian was knocked from the game when he was spun to the turf on a sack last weekend and Lynch played well in relief , helping the Broncos beat the Buccaneers 27-7.
Kubiak said Siemian made good progress Friday but added that he’ll likely put him through a more strenuous workout on Saturday than players usually go through on the eve of a game.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on