In a huge blow to the Broncos just five days before their opener, wide receiver Wes Welker has been suspended four games for violating the league’s performance enhancing drug policy.
The report from NFL Network states that Welker reportedly took MDMA that was cut with amphetamines while at the Kentucky Derby and then tested positive in May.
Welker is a huge part of the Broncos passing game, and has put up at least 70 catches and 700 yards each of the last seven years including 2013, when he missed the final three regular season games with a concussion.
Welker had been working his way back after suffering a third concussion in 10 months in a preseason game earlier this month.
Look for a much bigger role from Emmanuel Sanders with Welker on the shelf the first four weeks.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on