Broncos executive vice president of football operations/general manager John Elway said he expects all of the Broncos’ unrestricted free agents, including running back Knowshon Moreno, wide receiver Eric Decker and linebacker Wesley Woodyard, to test the market before considering if they would re-sign with the team, Jeff Legwold of ESPN.com reports.
Elway said Decker, in particular, will see what his value is elsewhere. Especially with tight end Julius Thomas and wide receiver Demaryius Thomas, as well as wide receiver Wes Welker, up for free agency after the 2014 season.
“I think they have to hit the market, the market sets those, especially where you look where we are and what we have coming up,” Elway said.
“Both Thomas’ are up next year. And Wes is, too. So all that plays into it. We’d love to have Eric back, but he’s made he comment he’s like to be back. He’s got to do what’s best for Eric, too, and vice versa. That’s why we go through this process.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on