Defensive end Derek Wolfe has been ruled out for Sunday’s playoff game against the San Diego Chargers according to the team’s official website.
You win some, you lose some. Wide receiver Wes Welker will finally be able to play after missing several games with concussion symptoms but Wolfe continues to be sidelined after suffering seizure-like symptoms before the team traveled to Kansas City to face the Chiefs late in the regular season.
Wolfe has been unable to practice the past two weeks. The rest of the Broncos’ walking wounded, including veteran cornerback Champ Bailey, will suit up for Sunday’s game.
It has to worry Broncos fans that the team’s front seven will be a shell of its former incarnation against the formidable offense of the Chargers. In addition to Wolfe, Von Miller is out for the season with a torn ACL and the Broncos have struggled at linebacker.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on