Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker is making progress in the NFL’s concussion protocol, but is still expected to be ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Houston Texans, sources told Jeff Legwold of ESPN.com.
Fox Sports reported Thursday night that Welker would miss his second straight game.
Welker did not participate in Thursday’s practice but spent some of the workout in the Broncos’ weight room. Broncos coach John Fox said Welker also did some on-field work outside as well.
Welker, who suffered a concussion just before halftime of the Broncos’ win against the Titans, was held out of last Thursday’s loss to the Chargers.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on