AFC West blogger Bill Williamson of ESPN has been following the Brandon Marshall move all day, and talked to Scouts Inc.’s Matt Williamson, who talks about how the wide out will be replaced in the lineup and on the club:
I caught up with Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. to discuss the matter.
Williamson said he believes receiver is Denver’s greatest need.
“That’s saying something since they need interior offensive lineman and an inside linebacker,” Williamson said. “This is a team with a lot of needs, but receiver is a big need.”
Marshall had 101 catches last year. Jabar Gaffney was second with 54 catches. Eddie Royal, who had 91 catches as a rookie, slipped badly. He had 37 catches last season. The Broncos’ other returning receiver, Brandon Stokley, had 19 catches.
“They need to hope Royal bounces back mentally and adjusts to Josh McDaniels’ system,” Williamson said. “He needs to bounce back bad. I like Gaffney as a No. 3, but I can live with him as a No. 3 if there is a solid No. 1. Right now, there isn’t.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on