Is Kyle Orton going to be the starting QB for the Broncos come opening day 2009? That remains to be seen. The Denver Post reports that there is going to be an open competition for the job between Orton and Chris Simms. Here is the story:
The first Broncos practice included seven-on-seven passing drills, with each new quarterback — Kyle Orton and Chris Simms — taking repetitions. The two are engaged in what head coach Josh McDaniels described as “real” competition to be the team’s starter. “Both are very capable. They both did a good job of throwing themselves into the system and the book,” McDaniels said. “You know they’re doing everything they can every day, morning, noon and night to try to get themselves ready to go. I think they showed well for themselves today.”
With Orton coming over in the Jay Cutler deal, I give the early nod to the now former Chicago Bear thrower.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on