The season is over for Broncos quarterback Joe Flacco, as Friday the team placed him on injured reserve according to NFL.com
The move isn’t a shock based on the fact he is expected to miss the next four to six weeks with a neck injury, suffered in a loss this past weekend in Indianapolis against the Colts.
The team will will start relative unknown Brandon Allen at quarterback Sunday when the Broncos take on the Cleveland Browns in Denver.
Denver also promoted Brett Rypien off the practice squad to serve as the backup.
As far as the future with Flacco, he’s due $20.25 million in 2020, none of it guaranteed, which means that it’s likely they will move on from him once the season is over.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on