The Bowlen family has chosen longtime Broncos employee Steve “Greek” Antonopulos to be Pat Bowlen’s official presenter during the Pro Football Hall of Fame induction ceremony on Saturday, Aug. 3 in Canton, Ohio, Mike Klis of 9 News in Denver reports.
Antonopulos started with the Broncos as the team’s assistant trainer in 1976 before getting promoted prior to the 1980 season to replace Allen Hurst as the head athletic trainer. Antonopulos was promoted to Director of Sports Medicine in 2017. He’ll begin his 44th season with the Broncos this fall.
Antonopulos is the only employee to work full-time at the Broncos’ training facility during Bowlen’s 35-year tenure as owner.
Bowlen will be enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, alongside longtime Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey, on Saturday, Aug. 3. Bowlen and Bailey are the sixth and seventh Broncos to become Pro Football Hall of Famers.
The Broncos will play the Atlanta Falcons in the 2019 Hall of Fame Game on Thursday, Aug. 1, at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium in Canton, kicking off enshrinement week.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on