Broncos quarterback Drew Lock told TMZ on Wednesday that Joe Flacco has “been great to me” when asked about Flacco’s comment earlier in the week that it wasn’t his job to mentor the rookie, ESPN reports.
Lock, who talked to TMZ after arriving at Los Angeles International Airport, didn’t want to specifically address Flacco’s remark but said he’s learning from his teammate.
“He’s taught me a lot so far,” Lock told TMZ. “He’s dealing with winning football games, I’m dealing with trying to learn. … We’re in the same quarterback room. He’s been great to me.”
Lock later expounded on those comments in an interview with The Associated Press.
“Me and Joe talk out on the field, talk over things in the QB room. I mean, it’s hard even to think about how couldn’t I learn from the guy when we’re in the same QB room every day and on the same field every day and I get to watch his reps, I get to hear the playcalls he’s running in my head through the helmet,” he told the AP. “I think it was just mainly him stating that, yeah, I do have a young quarterback underneath me right now but don’t forget that I’m here to win football games.
“And he thinks that he can do that and so do I.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on