Good morning, Bronco fans! It is time for real NFL football. After a dismal 5-11 season last year, the revamped Broncos look to get back to their winning culture with a new leader at the helm. With the addition of QB, Case Keenum and several play-making rookies, I can see these Broncos returning to the playoffs, but the road ahead won’t be very easy. Although Denver has the “5th easiest schedule”, one simple injury can change the complexity of everything.
Let’s take a look at the visiting Seattle Seahawks:
Veteran QB Russell Wilson is a very dangerous quarterback both inside and outside of the pocket. He has the ability to extend plays and keep defenses off balance. Containing Wilson will be the #1 key to victory for Denver today.
The Legion of Boom is no where near what it used to be. A starting CB was just placed on IR. Marshawn Lynch is a Raider.
Russell still has weapons at his disposal, but this team is nothing like the team who laid the smack-down on us in the SuperBowl a few years back.
Now, the Broncos have done a lot of work on the off season to attempt to make this a winning team. The addition of Bradley Chubb on the defense should reap immediate rewards. RB Royce Freeman will make a statement today and Case Keenum to Cortland Sutton, Emmanuel Sanders, and Demaryius Thomas should be a lot of fun to watch all season long.
5 Keys to Victory
- As stated earlier, the Broncos must contain Russell Wilson and stay with their assignment. Miller and Chubb will have to get to him in a hurry and ensure they have containment all game long. If Wilson has time inside and outside of the pocket, this will be a long day for Denver.
- Establish the run and don’t quit. It may look ugly at times, but we cannot abandon the run. Trust in the rookie running back, and continue to feed him the rock. A big, game changing run is going to come when they least expect it.
- Protect the football. After the carousel of quarterbacks last year who seemed to like to throw it to the wrong guys, we now need Keenum to play smart and throw to the guys wearing the same logo. If we can play turnover free football, the defense will make sure we are in a place to win ballgames. Protect the ball, Kase.
- Get the wide receivers involved early. All of them. Early. Literally. Early. LOL. Thomas, Sanders and Sutton are going to be very difficult to cover. They won’t be able to cheat and double all three of them. Get those three boys going early and keep going to them often. I see a mega bomb to Sutton early to set the tone and open up the running game.
- Play-action football. If we can run the ball well, and can hit with a few deep balls, keep the Seahawks at bay with running play-action plays. Getting into a rhythm early will be key to this, so we have to get a fast start. If we do, its going to be a long day for Seattle in the Mile High.
Final Score Prediction
Seattle Seahawks: 17
Denver Broncos: 31
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on