Denver cornerback Chris Harris hopes the Broncos will not draft a quarterback with the fifth overall pick in the NFL Draft, Herbie Teope of NFL.com reports.
“Someone who’s going to come in and play,” Harris told reporters Tuesday, per The Athletic’s Nicki Jhabvala. “We need someone who’s going to come in and play now, so whether that be [Saquon] Barkley, [Bradley] Chubb … the guard from Notre Dame [Quenton Nelson]. One of those three guys. We know those guys can come in and play right now. Not a quarterback right now, I wouldn’t say. We’re trying to win now, man. We don’t have time to wait.”
The Broncos come off a 5-11 season after enduring a carousel of signal-callers with Trevor Siemian, Brock Osweiler and Paxton Lynch. Siemian led the trio by appearing in 11 games with 10 starts and completing 209 of 349 pass attempts (59 percent) for 2,285 yards and 12 touchdowns against 14 interceptions. Denver traded Siemian to the Minnesota Vikings day after free agency began and brought in former Vikings quarterback Case Keenum on a two-year deal worth $36 million.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on