Broncos head coach Vance Joseph says the team has not given up on quarterback Paxton Lynch according to Nicki Jhabvala of the Denver Post.
“By no means is Paxton done,” Joseph said. “We believe in Paxton.” In this case, action speaks a lot louder than words as the Broncos just signed free agent quarterback Case Keenum to a to a two-year, $36 million contract and appear to be strongly considering taking a quarterback with the No.5-overall pick in the upcoming draft. The Broncos drafted Lynch out of the University of Memphis in the first round just two years ago, trading up to do so, but that investment has not come close to paying off at this point. The team knew he was somewhat of a project at the time but his development has been even slower than expected. While injuries have played a significant part in his lack of progress, he has started only four games in two years and has not looked good doing so.
In his defense, Lynch just turned 24 years old in February and still has time to turn his career around. it just seems unlikely he will do so in Denver.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on