The Broncos are “interested in” free agent quarterback Case Keenum according to Mike Klis of 9News in Denver.
Keenum is viewed as a secondary option to Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins but, with Cousins expected to signe with the Minnesota Vikings, the Broncos have to have a contigency plan in place. Klis says he doesn’t know if Keenum is the Broncos’ absolute “Plan B” but does know that John Elway and company have interest. Keenum has a personal connection with the Broncos in Gary Kubiak, the former Super Bowl-winning coach who is now serving as Elway’s senior personnel advisor. Kubiak gave Keenum his NFL start with the Texans and spoke highly of Keenum in January.
Keenum could land $16-20 million per year on his next contract-an astounding figure for a 30-year-old QB who was the epitome of the career journeyman backup until his magical 2017 run with the Minnesota Vikings in 2017. That salary does not seem to be scaring teams away and Keenum will likely be a very wealthy man by mid-March.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on