John Elway is facing a critical offseason after the Broncos ended 2017 with a 5-11 record. At the top of Elway’s offseason to do list is upgrading the quarterback position, Mike Klis of KUSA in Denver reports.
Elway will look for quarterback options in free agency and the draft.
“Any time you draft that high you have to make ’em count,” Elway said. “We’ve got a lot of picks so we have the ammo also [to trade], so we’ve got to make sure we make them all count.”
At the Senior Bowl, Elway got a long look at quarterbacks Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield. Which one does he like? He likes them both. He likes non-seniors Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen, too.
“It is about the tape, but that’s only part of it,’’ Elway said. “You’ve got to find out what they’re made of and if they love the game. It’s a hard game. If they don’t love it, it’s hard for them to be successful.’’
If Elway signs say, Washington’s Kirk Cousins from free agency, he won’t draft a quarterback at No. 5.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on