Good morning, Bronco fans! It is Week 3 of the 2017 NFL season. Today will be the first road test of the season for our Broncos and it will be a true battle of defenses. The Buffalo Bills (1-1) have the league’s 2nd ranked defense, allowing just 234.5 yards per game. The Bills are also ranked 5th in the NFL against the run, allowing a stingy 57.5 yards per game. The Broncos (2-0) have the league’s 5th ranked overall defense and 3rd ranked defense against the run, allowing 258.5 and 52 yards per game, respectively.
Denver, coming off of a 42-17 beat down of the Dallas Cowboys, will look to continue to build their momentum, while the defense will need to find ways to make the tough stops on short fields. In the first two games, the Denver offense has turned the ball over 4 times, while the defense has allowed the opposing offenses to score touchdowns on each of the 4 turnovers.
Buffalo, coming off of a tough 9-3 loss to the Carolina Panthers, looks to rebound and get back in the win column at home. Dual threat RB LeSean McCoy has given defenses fits both running and catching passes out of the backfield, and you can count on the Bills calling Shady’s number frequently throughout the game. Bills mobile QB, Tyrod Taylor can also be a dual threat, as Taylor ranks 2nd on the Bills in rushing, but is doing so at 5.8 yards per carry, as opposed to McCoy’s average of just 3.5.
Broncos 2nd year starter, QB Trevor Siemian continues to show maturity and poise, as he had lead his team to back to back victories to start the 2017 campaign. Siemian’s 6 touchdown passes lead the league and his QB Rating of 106.9 is 9th in the NFL. With with one of the best WR duos in the league, Siemian will look to feed his play makers regularly, but will need to continue to find success in the run game in order to keep opposing defenses on their heels.
5 Keys to Victory
- Seal the edges and contain McCoy and Taylor. Controlling the line of scrimmage and collapsing the pocket on Taylor will be paramount to beating the Bills.
- Continue to be dominant running the football. C.J. Anderson’s 199 yards in the first two games was 2nd in the NFL coming into week 3. Averaging 4.4 yards per carry and 99.5 rushing yards per game, C.J. will need to continue to run the ball like he has the first two weeks of the game.
- Win the turnover battle. I know it is cliche, and seems all too simple, but it will be the #1 deciding factor of this game. When you have 2 powerful defenses like the one’s we are going to see today, protecting the football and sustaining drives will be the ultimate deciding factor of this game.
- Stay focused and disciplined. The stadium will be very loud and the Bills are going to be fired up. We are going into a hostile environment and will need to remain calm and stick to the task at hand. Keep the defense off of the field with 3 and outs, and do not kill momentum with stupid 3rd down penalties, and that goes for both sides of the ball.
- Trevor, be Trevor. Don’t try to do too much or read into any comparisons to other Quarterbacks (Alex Smith). Just be Trevor. Find your play makers, get them the ball and don’t make any mistakes. Call it whatever you want, it works and we win.
Final Score Prediction
Denver Broncos – 24
Buffalo Bills – 9
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on