The son Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, John Bowlen, was arrested for DUI in California on Sunday, and TMZ has the latest on the situation:
31-year-old John Bowlen was pulled over by the California Highway Patrol in the Paso Robles area around 2 PM — and during the stop, officers determined he was under the influence of alcohol.
He was hauled to a nearby station where he was booked on 2 counts of misdemeanor DUI. He’s set to be released later this morning.
This isn’t John’s first brush with the law — the former Broncos marketing employee was arrested for domestic violence in 2015 in an incident in which he was also accused of hijacking the phone of his GF when she called 911.
During the call with the 911 operator, John claimed to be the “blood of the city” and friends with the mayor and assured officials nothing was wrong.
He was ultimately found guilty of harassment and sentenced to 2 years probation.
His father Pat still owns the Broncos — but stepped down from an active role with the team after being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. His plan was to give control to one of of his children. Unclear which kid will get that job.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on