The season is already over for Broncos defensive end Vance Walker, as the team announced that he will miss the 2016 season after sustaining a torn ACL during practice on Monday.
After making four starts in 2015, Walker was expected to take over the full-time role with star defensive end Malik Jackson joining the Jacksonville Jaguars in the off-season.
“We think the world of Vance and he was having a great camp,” coach Gary Kubiak said. “We’ll support him through his recovery, and he’ll come back stronger than ever.”
Walker has recorded 116 tackles and 12 sacks since being taken by the Falcons in the seventh round of the 2009 draft.
Former Texans defensive end Jared Crick is currently the first defensive end behind Walker on the depth chart.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on