After an awful outing that included him getting benched in the second half for backup Brock Osweiler, head coach Gary Kubiak announced that Peyton Manning won’t start at QB this week for the Broncos.
Gary Kubiak announces Peyton Manning will not play this week. Brock Osweiller will get the start against the Bears.
— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) November 16, 2015
ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting that Manning has been dealing with plantar fasciitis in his left foot, but according to Schefter, Manning has a tear of the tissue.
Kubiak said after the loss on Sunday to the Chiefs that Manning should not have started in the loss. “To be honest with you, I was protecting him. I was worried about him,” Kubiak said after the loss.
“Let me just say this: Obviously, I’m very disappointed in the football game … I’m disappointed in myself, this is on me. I probably should have made a decision not to play him in the game. I needed to make probably that tough decision there
Manning has been listed on the Broncos’ injury report with a right shoulder injury and the foot injury.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on