– Broncos QB Peyton Manning finished his historic season with 6,387 passing yards and 60 TD passes (both figures including postseason). The 60 TD passes are a record for an extended season. Drew Brees of the Saints retains the passing yards record with 6,414 In 2011.
– With 280 passing yards in Super Bowl XLVIII, Manning now has 6,589 in his postseason career – and has moved past Tom Brady (6,424) into first place on the NFL’s all-time list.
– The Seahawks are the first of the eight teams that now make up the NFC West and AFC West to win a Super Bowl since St. Louis won Super Bowl XXIV.
– Super Bowl XLVIII ended a streak of six Super Bowl decided by six points or less and a streak of 10 Super Bowls decided by 12 points or less.
– The Seahawks are the first team to win a Super Bowl in a season in which they had or shared the NFL’s best record since the Patriots won Super Bowl XXXVIII over Carolina.
– In Super Bowls between a starting QB with previous Super Bowl experience and one with no Super Bowl experience, the QB without experience has won the last four (Aaron Rodgers GB over Ben Roethlisberger PIT, Drew Brees NO over Peyton Manning IND, Eli Manning NYG over Tom Brady NE). Tom Brady NE over Donovan McNabb PHI in Super Bowl XXXIX was the last experienced QB to beat a rookie.
– Super Bowl XLVIII marked the first time Peyton Manning had trailed by 29-plus points in a game since the 2002 Wild Card loss at the Jets which ended with Indianapolis losing, 41-0.
– The Seahawks set a Super Bowl record with 36 consecutive points to start a game. The previous mark was 24, which was done twice, by the Redskins in Super Bowl XXVI against the Bills and by the Dolphins in Super Bowl VIII against Minnesota. There have been longer runs of consecutive points within other Super Bowls, including 44 in a row by the Bears in their 46-10 win over New England in Super Bowl XX.
– The Broncos entered Super Bowl XLVIII having scored at least 20 points in 24 consecutive games dating back to a 17-9 win over Kansas City on November 25, 2012.
– They had scored at least 17 points in all 35 games since Peyton Manning joined the team at the start of 2012. Their last game in single digits was a 7-3 loss to Kansas City in the last regular season game of 2011.
– This was the third consecutive game to contain a safety. The final points of Super Bowl XLVII came on an intentional safety scored by San Francisco. The first points of Super Bowl XLVI were a safety when the Giants scored when Tom Brady of the Patriots was called for intentional grounding.
– There was a third time that a Super Bowl began with a safety, back in Super Bowl IX when Pittsburgh took a 2-0 lead over Minnesota. All three teams beginning the scoring with safeties have won their Super Bowl games.