Good morning, Broncos fans! It’s game day, and I am pumped up and ready to go. This game is one of the most anticipated games for Broncos fans so far this season. I know the saying is any given Sunday, but I personally don’t see this game as a huge threat. First, it is a home game. Second, KC hasn’t seen an offense quite like ours, and thirdly, KC simply doesn’t have the offensive firepower to keep up or catch up. Now, with that said, Peyton is banged up and you know the front 7 of the Chiefs defense is going to want to feast on Manning. Not only that, but the secondary of KC has been known to play very physical. They will bump receivers off of the line and they play great man coverage defense. Ball security, clock management, and very smart QB play will be extremely important in this game.
5 Keys For My Prediction
1. The Denver Broncos must protect the football. The Chiefs defense leads the league in sacks, turnover ratio, 3rd down conversion percentage and points allowed. The Chiefs allow less than 13 points per game, but they are also only able to muster up an average of 26 points per game. The Broncos average 41.2 points per game and allow an average of 26.4 points per game. If the Broncos can keep drives alive, and not turnover the football, this game WILL be a blowout.
2. Protect Peyton Manning. Keeping Manning upright will be more important in this game than any other game this season to date. He is banged up and has been since we played the Colts. Manning has never been a mobile QB and now he is even less mobile. Look for the Broncos to leave a RB or TE in the backfield often to assist with the pass block, and look for the Denver offense to run screen plays and quick routes to keep the KC defense on their heels.
3. Don’t believe the hype. The Broncos just need to go out and play sound, Denver Bronco football. Don’t buy into the hype of this game. It’s just one of 16 regular season football games. As long as the Broncos don’t let records and stats get into their heads, and go out and execute, Denver will simply have nothing to worry about.
4. Stop the run. Jamaal Charles is one of the most explosive, dangerous running backs in the league. The Chiefs will call his number time and time again today. He is the safety blanket for a particularly weak offense. He is a game changer, a play maker, and the Denver defense will need to know where he is on the field at all times. The Broncos have been very successful against the run, and need to stick to that same formula today. Make them beat you with Alex Smith. Simply put, he can’t do it. KC would need to score at least 30 to win this game, and I don’t see them doing that.
5. Denver is boasting the greatest offensive production of all time. Peyton Manning is on pace to break every significant single season passing record, and a trio of Peyton’s targets each have 9 receiving touchdowns already this season. Add in the 9 total touchdowns from Knowshon Moreno and 3 more from Decker and you have a team where lots of guys can beat you. In the end, I just don’t think KC is ready for this game. Maybe it will be a different story in two weeks when we travel to Arrowhead, but to be honest, I doubt it. Just to throw it out there, I think Denver would win this game even if Brock started.
Final Score Prediction
Kansas City Chiefs – 20
Denver Broncos – 41