Hey there Broncos fans! Sorry I missed last week. I was on vacation, coincidentally, just outside of Jacksonville. While I will admit that was a game I did not want to make a prediction for, the main reason I missed the article last week is because I actually had very little cell service, and no internet access. Sounds like football isn’t Jacksonville’s only issue…
Anyway, on to Week 7 in the NFL. The Broncos are cruising along at a 6-0 record, and today’s game should be something special.
Peyton Manning will return to his old stomping grounds for the first time since being RELEASED by the Colts. I heard the Colts had a special ceremony planned for Peyton. I’m hoping Peyton has a special ceremony for Irsay, instead! Ok, enough jabs, onto my prediction.
5 Key Reasons for My Prediction
1. This will be one of the toughest defenses Manning and Company will face this season, to date. The Colts secondary plays fast and physical, and there is some familiarity with Peyton and his tendencies on that Colts defense. This game means a lot to Peyton Manning, and you can be sure he has his ducks in a row for this one. Add the fuel that Irsay has thrown on the fire, and you have one pumped up, dangerous Denver Offense. I expect Peyton to methodically control the defense of the Colts, and make them look silly.
2. The return of Von Miller and Champ (I know he was back last week) should significantly help the dismal Denver pass defense. The Broncos are ranked #1 against the run, but they are ranked #32 against the pass. A lot of this has to do with the fact that when the Denver offense puts up 40+ points week after week, it forces the opponent to go to the air to play catch up, however that is no excuse. The Denver defense needs to get more pressure on the QB to help create momentum changing turnovers when it matters most. I expect Von Miller to come out hungry, fresh, and healthy, and rattle the 2nd year QB, Andrew Luck.
3. Denver averages 44.2 points per game. This key is short and sweet. I don’t think they can keep up. 😉
4. Back to the Denver defense for this one. You know they can’t be feeling that warm and fuzzy. When you look at it, yes, the Broncos are collectively 6-0. But in reality, it has been very one sided. The Denver offense has carried this team to their current undefeated record. Today, I predict a change. Look for the Denver defense to look different that they have all season. I really think this game is going to be special, in a lot of ways.
5. My 5th point will probably remain the same all year. We simply have too many weapons. The WR trio of Eric Decker, Demaryius Thomas and Wes Welker have combined for 111 receptions, 1383 yards and 14 touchdowns. Add in Moreno’s 7 rushing touchdowns and 7 more from Julius Thomas. Peyton Manning has thrown for 2179 yards, 22 touchdowns and only has thrown 2 interceptions. Go ahead, read that again. WOW!
Final Score Prediction
Denver Broncos – 41
Indianapolis Colts – 24