Good Morning Broncos Fans! It’s week 4 in the NFL and we have an exciting matchup on our hands. Featuring the two most dangerous passing teams in the NFL, this game may come down to who is able to make that one big stop, but can Vick and the Eagles keep up with the offensive attack of Peyton on Co.? This game also features the number 1 rushing offense versus the number 1 rushing defense, so line of scrimmage control, and clock control will play into the outcome of this game.
Last week the Broncos took care of the Raiders at home, putting up 536 yards of total offense and 37 points. The Denver defense was able to limit the Raiders rushing attack to just 49 yards on 17 carries, with 23 of those yards coming on one running play by Raiders QB, Pryor. Denver comes into Week 4 at 3-0 and I currently stand at 3-0 on my predictions. While none have been exactly right, the outcome has been as predicted and the scores have been close to actual scores. Let’s hope we can both stay on a h0t streak!
Five Keys for My Prediction
1. This matchup is very similar to the one the Broncos faced last week in the Oakland Raiders. The Eagles have a two-dimensional Quarterback in Michael Vick, a powerful running game led by Shady McCoy and a dangerous receiving core led by DeSean Jackson. With only 6 days to prepare, I feel that it was a scheduling blessing to get two teams that are so similar back to back. While I agree the 6 days rest and preparation could hurt the Broncos, playing a mirror team of the Raiders should make for an easy transition for the defense in this game.
2. I once again see the Broncos defense controlling the line of scrimmage and making the Eagles offense as one dimensional as possible. Vick will always be a running threat, but I see this game being won in the air. If the Eagles want to win the game, they will have to find rhythm on both aspects of offense, and I believe that is going to be easier said than done.
3. Too hot to handle. The Broncos offense comes into Week 4 averaging 42.3 points and 486 yards per game, both good for first in the NFL. The prolific Denver passing game has proved to be way much more than any opposing defense can handle. The ability of Peyton to change plays at the line of scrimmage, and the arsenal of receivers at his disposal will break the Eagles secondary down early and often.
4. Home Field Advantage. The 12th man always has a huge effect on games, and our Denver faithful are no different. This game has the potential to be an airshow. 3rd down conversions will be key, and the noise made by the Denver fans will make it very difficult for Vick to relay messages and play changes to his teammates. While the 12th man has its advantage, so does the Mile High altitude. Will Vick and the Eagles be able to utilize Chip Kelly’s high paced offense in the thin, taxing air of Denver? I think the wind is out of their sails completely before the end of the 3rd quarter.
5. Peyton Manning, Thomas, Decker, Welker, Orange Julius and Moreno. What does that spell? Domination! Go get em boys!
Final Score Prediction
Denver Broncos 41
Philadelphia Eagles 27