Good Morning Broncos Fans!! It’s game day baby! Week 2 in the NFL, a family affair. Peyton vs. Eli. Last week, Denver steamrolled the Ravens, putting up 49 points offensively. While my week 1 score prediction was wrong, the outcome was right, so Denver comes into Week 2 with a record of 1-0!
Five Keys For Today’s Outcome
1. The Denver passing game showed just how lethal it could be last week. Peyton Manning threw for 7 touchdowns and 462 yards. Three different players caught 2 touchdowns each. This offense has what it takes to overwhelm defenses, and I see the same thing happening this week against the Giants.
2. The Broncos will establish a running game. Last week, the running game was nothing to write home about. Look for the running game to get off the ground early and often today.
3. Defensive Pressure. The Denver D showed that it can still put pressure on the QB without Von and Doom. Look for Sean Philips and company to get after Eli and cause a few turnovers.
4. It’s Peyton vs Eli. As much as they say they hate it, you know they have to love it. I mean, come on, you are playing against your own brother in an NFL game. At any rate, Peyton is 2-0 against his younger sibling, and I expect him to come out on top again today.
5. Julius Thomas. This guy is going to create nightmares for defensive coordinators all year long. I expect Peyton to get in rhythm with Julius from the start.
Final Score Prediction
Denver Broncos 41
New York Giants 21