The Broncos will place the franchise tag on left tackle Ryan Clady by the Monday deadline, a maneuver that all but takes him off the free-agent market, Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports.
The Broncos and Clady hope to work out a multiyear contract extension prior to training camp, but serious negotiations may not commence until the two-time All Pro is further along in his recovery from right shoulder surgery.
Clady is not expected to attend the team’s offseason workout program without a multiyear extension.
If the Broncos go another year without an agreement, they could also place a second franchise tag on Clady for the 2014 season, although he would receive an automatic 20 percent increase to $11.794 million.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on