Rookie quarterback ANDREW LUCK of the Indianapolis Colts, cornerback IKE TAYLOR of the Pittsburgh Steelers and kick returner-wide receiver TRINDON HOLLIDAY of the Denver Broncos are the AFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played the ninth week of the 2012 season (November 1, 4-5), the NFL announced today.
SPECIAL TEAMS: KR-WR TRINDON HOLLIDAY, DENVER BRONCOS
- · Holliday registered a 105-yard kickoff-return touchdown in the Broncos’ 31-23 win at Cincinnati.
- · His return was the longest kickoff-return touchdown in Broncos history.
- · Holliday’s KR-TD was the first by a Bronco since CASSIUS VAUGHN registered a 97-yard KR-TD on January 2, 2011.
- · Registered the 11th KR-TD in franchise history.
- · Holliday’s 105-yard kickoff return-touchdown tied for the second-longest in the NFL this season.
- · In his second season from Louisiana State, this is Holliday’s first career Special Teams Player of the Week Award.
- · He is the first Broncos returner to win Special Teams Player of the Week since EDDIE ROYAL in 2011 (Week 9). Holliday joins kicker MATT PRATER (Week 4) as the second Bronco to win the award this season.