The Miami-Dade state attorney’s office did not agree with the Miami Beach police department regarding an assault charge against Elvis Dumervil, Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports.
The Broncos’ star defensive end had been arrested on a class 3 felony charge of aggravated assault with a weapon by Miami Beach police after a road rage incident on July 14.
The state attorney’s office decided Tuesday to not formally charge Dumervil of any wrongdoing.
“It was a blessing that the investigators took the time to get the truth out,” Dumervil said. “I knew I didn’t do anything wrong. It was a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I’m just ready for football.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on