It seems quite likely that Broncos QB Tim Tebow has played his way into a starting job, but if that’s the case, it won’t become official before Tuesday. “I’d say there is a strong likelihood that we will address that tomorrow,” said coach John Fox on Monday, explaining no announcement will be forthcoming until he talks to his players, including Tebow and incumbent QB Kyle Orton.
The team is off today as the Broncos enter their bye week at 1-4. But with an extra week to prepare Tebow, a 2010 first-rounder selected by previous coach Josh McDaniels, the timing is logical for a switch. It was telling that Fox didn’t offer the steadfast support that he’s typically afforded Orton all season, though he said no decision has yet been made on who the starter is moving forward.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on