The Broncos have a new defensive coordinator, as new head coach John Fox have has hired Saints defensive backs coach Dennis Allen as the teams new DC. Allen reportedly interviewed with the Eagles for their defensive coordinator vacancy last week.
Allen began his NFL career with Atlanta in 2002 assisting with defensive backs before taking over as defensive assistant/quality control. He joined the Saints as a defensive line coach in 2006 and was promoted to secondary coach in 2008.
The Broncos have employed a 3-4 defense in recent seasons, but it is unknown whether Fox will stay with that type of defense as he takes over the club in 2011. One thing is for sure, if the Broncos are going to compete with teams in the AFC West, they are going to have to be heads and tails better on D in 2011.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on