Dumervil suffered a torn pectoral muscle during a one-on-one pass-rushing drill on August 4. Dumervil had surgery on August 10, and the club has held out hope that the NFL’s reigning sack leader (17) would return in December or for the post-season.
By placing Dumervil on injured reserve, they’ll be shutting him down until 2011.
In 61 career games since being chosen with the 126th overall pick of the 2006 NFL Draft out of Louisville, Dumervil has 129 tackles, 43 sacks, 10 forced fumbles, and an interception. Dumervil has also been credited with 61 hits on opposing quarterbacks, and made his first trip to the Pro Bowl in 2009.
Dumervil signed a six-year, $61.5 million extension on July 22 that included over $43 million in guarantees.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on