Today it looks like another one of their backs is out for the year, as former Titan and Seahawk back LenDale White will miss the season with a torn Achilles’ tendon.
A source told The Associated Press of the news, this because the Broncos hadn’t publicly discussed the results of medical tests on White’s right leg. ESPN and Pro Football Talk first reported the seriousness of White’s injury Friday on Twitter.
White went down in the second quarter of Denver’s 31-24 exhibition loss at Minnesota on Thursday night.
White was signed after Knowshon Moreno (hamstring) and Correll Buckhalter (back) got hurt in camp last month. He had been released this spring by Seattle, where Pete Carroll, who coached him at USC, is now coach.
Although he sprained an ankle two days after his arrival in Denver, White had come back strong. He scored twice in the preseason, including a 2-yard run Thursday night against the Vikings before he got hurt on a 9-yard run in the second quarter.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on