The Broncos have a tough decision to make for their long-term future with All-Pro LB Elvis Dumervil. Seems that according to today’s Denver Post, Dumervil is looking for a massive payday from his current team, in the area of $65 million, $40 mil of which is guaranteed.
Only a committed future separates the Broncos from Elvis Dumervil. Dumervil, Denver’s all-pro pass-rushing linebacker, signed his first- and third-round restricted free-agent tender Monday, ensuring that he will play for no less than $3.168 million this season, two NFL sources confirmed. Had he not signed his tender in protest of not getting a multiyear contract from the Broncos, Dumervil’s salary could have been reduced to about $630,000. After leading the NFL with 17 sacks last year, and recording 43 sacks in four years while making a combined $2.015 million, Dumervil is hoping to be among the league’s five highest-paid pass rushers. That would mean a multiyear contract worth at least $65 million, with the guaranteed portion about $40 million.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on