The Broncos have lost their center, as the team today placed Tom Nalen on IR today, which could also mean the end of his career in Denver. The 37-year-old is in the final year of his deal. He underwent two surgeries on his knee this past summer, and missed the Broncos run to 3-0. He had missed most of training camp and then decided to have another operation on the knee.
Nalen was the last link to the Broncos Super Bowl teams of the late 1990’s. He has five Pro Bowls under his belt, and has helped Denver to the most rushing yards and the third-fewest sacks in the NFL since 1995. His spot has been taken by Casey Wiegmann, who signed with the team as a free agent this past offseason after his time with the Chiefs.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Broncos Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Broncos Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Denver Broncos news.
- Three Questions About the Broncos as Training Camp Gets Closer on
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders Thinks He Could Be Back Week One on
- Who Will Run the Broncos Now That Pat Bowlen is Gone? on
- An Early Guess At Who the Broncos 2018 MVP Will Be on
- Can the Broncos Go From Worst to First in 2018? Pro Football Weekly Discusses Their Chances on