Good morning Broncos fans. It is week 12 in the NFL and the Broncos need to find a way to break out of their recent funk and get back to their dominating ways. With six games remaining on the season, the AFC West race has become a three team battle. With Kansas City losing against the Raiders on Thursday night, a win today would put Denver in the driver seat for the final 5 games of the season.
Week 11 Recap
In week 11, the Dolphins got back in the win column with a 22 – 9 win over the Buffalo Bills. The Dolphins are 3-1 in their last four games and look stay alive in the AFC playoff race during their visit with the Broncos in Denver.
- Ryan Tannehill completed 26 of 34 passes, throwing for 240 yards and two touchdowns. He completed passes to 8 different receivers in the win against the Bills.
- Lamar Miller gained 86 yards on the ground on 15 attempts. He also reeled in two Tannehill passes for 12 yards, giving him 98 total yards in the contest.
- The Dolphins defense held the Bills to a total of 237 yards in the game.
The Denver Broncos lost their second game in three weeks, falling to the 4-6 St. Louis Rams on the road last week. Peyton Manning threw 2 costly interceptions and the Denver running game never got established in the loss. While converting on only 4 of 12 3rd down attempts, the Broncos offense spent most of the day on the sidelines, as they had possession for just 24:10 in the game.
- Peyton Manning threw for 389 yards while completing 34 of 54 of his pass attempts. He added in touchdown but also threw 2 interceptions.
- Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders both had over 100 yards receiving in the game.
- CJ Anderson gained just 29 yards on 9 carries, but caught 8 passes for 86 yards out of the backfield.
Week 12 Prediction Points
- The Broncos have lost 2 out of their last 3 games, losing to the Patriots, beating the Raiders, and losing to the Rams. This Miami Dolphins team is hungry and they look to stay in the hunt. Both teams should have great senses of urgency. Both teams can change the game on both sides of the ball. This game should be a great game wire to wire, and could come down to who has the last possession of the game.
- The Broncos have the 3rd ranked offense in the NFL and their defense is ranked 5th overall. No other team has a better combination that the Denver Broncos. Denver’s passing offense is ranked 2nd in the NFL and their rush defense is ranked 2nd. The Miami Dolphins defense ranks 2nd against the pass and 2nd overall in the NFL. These teams are fairly evenly matched, but individual match ups could prove to be the difference.
- Denver comes in to week 12 a little banged up. Julius Thomas is a game time decision, however, Emmanuel Sanders has been cleared to play after passing the NFL’s concussion protocol testing. If Julius can’t go, the Broncos will look to Sanders and Demaryius Thomas to get this offense going. Peyton Manning looks to return to his other-worldly form after making two costly mistakes in the loss last week.
Final Score Prediction
Miami Dolphins – 20
Denver Broncos – 30